OurPlanet International School Muscat provides an innovative and positive learning environment for its students.
- Small class sizes allow for personalised attention.
- Our academic programme follows the rigorous, internationally-recognised International Baccalaureate framework.
- Our inquiry-based learning approach engages students, addresses real-life challenges and cultivates critical-thinking, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- We maintain a truly international campus, with strong roots in the local Omani culture.
- Through our World Topic of Sustainability, our students learn how to become future-focused.
- We provide English language support to enable all students to excel.
- As the language of our host country, all students are required to take daily Arabic lessons, which are offered at both the native and foreign language levels.
The International Baccalaureate (IB) aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. The IB programmes foster both personal and academic achievement, challenging students to excel in their studies and in their personal development. Students will be encouraged to:
- Think independently and drive their own learning
- Take part in programmes of education that can lead them to some of the highest ranking universities around the world
- Become more culturally aware, through the development of a second language
- Engage with people in an increasingly globalised, rapidly changing world.
The IB is world renowned for its high academic standards, commitment to multiculturalism and focus on developing skills that will prepare students for success in future educational endeavours and life in a global world. To learn more about the IB, visit www.ibo.org
Our educational approach also incorporates project-based learning, a self-directed learning model designed around research questions, trial and error, teamwork and self-reflection. We believe project-based learning better prepares our students for life’s future challenges, because it:
- Gives students a say in how they learn and allows them to uncover the relevance of what they are learning through real-life experiences.
- Encourages inquiry and experimentation, rather than rote memorisation.
- Promotes collaboration and teamwork, which are essential twenty-first century skills.
At OurPlanet Muscat, we reinforce learning through projects related to sustainable practices and technologies. Even our youngest students benefit from age-appropriate project-based learning activities, which encourage cooperation, build communication and teamwork skills, and provide each child with the opportunity to develop a deeper personal understanding.