PYP6 (Grade 6) Social Studies
The social studies component of the PYP is characterized by concepts and skills rather than by content. Therefore, OurPlanet ensures that a breadth and balance of social studies content is covered through the units of inquiry. The knowledge component of social studies in the PYP is arranged into five strands:
- Human Systems and Economic Activities
- Social Organization and Culture
- Continuity and Change through Time
- Human and Natural Environments
- Resources and the Environment.
These strands are concept-driven and are inextricably linked to each other. They also provide links to other subject areas of the PYP curriculum model.